Lead Mobile & Mixed Reality Developer
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity with the Magic Leap One and Mobile Companion applications team to build a world-class solution for parental controls. We have a rich roadmap planned for empowering parents to keep their kids safe in this new spatial computing environment. We need a strong technical contributor with both breadth and depth of technical skills. You must have experience shipping both iOS/Swift and Android mobile applications and an understanding of mixed reality and wearables platforms. This is a hands on coding lead role where you will continue to use your development skills while you drive the technical direction of the project and mentor less senior engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with User Experience team, Interaction team and content creators. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. This position is ideally in Plantation FL. Other Magic Leap Locations must travel to Plantation one week a month in Plantation FL.
- Build, debug, and deploy world-class applications for Android & iOS platform
- Work across apps and teams to language localize applications
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Utilize native libraries to enable advance application features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 7-10 years experience developing mobile software apps
- Experience programming applications for iOS using the iOS SDK / Swift / Xcode.
- Experience programming for Android using the Android SDK / Android Studio.
- Experience shipping applications in multiple platforms in multiple languages for a global market.
- A passion for protecting children and empowering parents
- Deep understanding of modern iOS development best practices.
- Deep understanding of modern Android development best practices.
- Proficiency with iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Have published at least one iOS app to the App Store.
- Have published at least one Android app to the Google Play Store.
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks and API’s.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with Java required.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Nice to have
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies and website filtering
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality
- Experience with OpenGL or other 3D graphics API
- Experience with C++ and/or C#
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.