Lead Mobile Community Manager
Santa Clara, California, United States
12 days ago
The Mobile Community Manager will focus on offering our mobile players a variety of programs, online events and contests/promotions. With a focus always on retaining and growing the product’s customer base, the Community Manager will be responsible for crafting public messaging, creating and implementing content for the official game sites and sharing the games’ social media presence.
This position requires close collaboration with the production team, as well as Marketing of US and Japan. The methods adopted by the Community Manager to convey player sentiment to all key parties will be essential to improving our mobile products and influencing future game development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading community management for our mobile games
- Help define and maintain the community management strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, analysis and outreach initiatives
- Establish and maintain community calendar of events that consists of daily, weekly and /or monthly tasks
- Participate in and help develop community-facing initiatives and marketing run events including contests, volunteer programs, offline events, convention presence, e-mail campaigns and holiday promotions
- Seek proactive dialog with our players, inform, listen, know what they complain and enthuse about
- Monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns.
- Prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through different channels including recommendations for games experience and content improvements as a constructive input for our Production team
- Set goals for, track and report on community-related metrics ensuring upwards visibility as well as helping inform on metrics’ significance
- Advocate internally on behalf of the players ensuring that the production team is informed of player needs and development priorities are set in cognition of these
- Coordinate with production and web development teams to help plan and develop community and website features (forums, content systems, etc.)
- Build consistent processes across all of our game teams regarding the community management efforts, especially focused on growing the user base and improving retention and game experience
- Manage relationship with influencers/moderators
- Strong passion for Anime and video games
- 3-5 yrs. of established online community management experience (preferably in the video game industry)
- Extensive knowledge of the game industry
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills (prepare reports and analyze customers' trend and characteristics)
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities and customer service
- An independent, responsible and highly organ6ized way of working, a creative way to engage and solve challenges
- Confidence in dealing with a heated atmosphere and challenging situations based on your excellent team player qualities
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.