This job might no longer be available.
Lead Mission Designer [Avatar Project]
Malmö Skåne County se
7 months ago
We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
We’re excited to tell original stories on Pandora, and we’re a looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive Lead Mission Designer to join us. As a Mission Lead on our team, you'll work with the core directors to guide the narrative team and task forces to design and implement story concepts and gameplay content that will immerse our players in the Avatar Universe.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- At the direction of the Mission Director, lead the development of story and quest content.
- Lead the team in implementing story concepts from vision to shipping quality.
- Managing the development of the over-all quest line of the game.
- Organizing and maintaining information regarding narrative and mission design, as well as being a hub for knowledge and inspiration.
- Ensuring the highest level of craft and quality in all narrative quest content.
- Coordinating with production to meet department, project, IP, and director goals.
- Teach, grow, and mentor the narrative team.
- Foster and participate in a culture of open and honest feedback.
You as a person
Your specialized knowledge within narrative, scripting and immersive games makes you the leader with a focus on enhancing the intersection between story and gameplay. You are a hands-on lead who aren't afraid to dive in to the tools and documents to help the team realize the best version of the game, which comes from your ability to see the bigger picture of the game development. Because of this, you can easily communicate with the directors and happily engage in discussions and feedback sessions and provide this input to the team.
On our team, story and gameplay are one. As a Lead, your creative way of innovating how these two disciplines interact makes you the master of owning and creating the story and mission content, working with multidisciplinary taskforces of designers, artists, coders, and producers to lead world-class story experiences. Your energetic, open, and inclusive environment for a diverse group of passionate developers, building the game together with the team while helping to mentor and guide their growth and development.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 5+ years' experience in developing large scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games content from concept to completion
- 2+ shipped AAA titles as a senior narrative/mission designer
- Experience building and fine-tuning dialogue systems
- Experience working hands-on with tools and scripting to build content
- Demonstrable understanding of story craft and structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous lead experience will give you a leg up
- Professional experience with systems-driven games and/or open worlds and technical or scripting experience is a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.