Lead Lookdev Artist - Textures
2 days ago
What you'll do
- Create, prioritize, assign and monitor the tasks and progress of his.her team's work on a daily basis according to production deliverables;
- Act as a team representative;
- Organize and manage team meetings;
- Act as a technical and/or artistic mentor for his.her team members when necessary;
- Supervise or open UVs and take charge of the asset textures provided by the modeling team in an autonomous manner;
- Supervise or carry out the shading and /or LookDev of assigned assets and create realistic materials in an autonomous manner;
- Supervise or create textures respecting the references provided by the client;
- Supervise or create the final version of a textured model in Arnold for Houdini;
- Supervise or produce photorealistic elements respecting the established technical and aesthetic standards of the ongoing project (film or television series);
- Participate in problem solving for 3D accessories or complex environments;
- Ensure asset and texture quality control for the team;
- Share and teach different work techniques;
- Provide the department manager with a periodic report on the team’s progress and suggest corrective measures when necessary in order to meet the set objectives;
- Anticipate and identify potential conflict situations and resolve problems within the team;
- Participate in performance follow-ups and perform annual evaluations.
What you bring
- Experience in creating photorealistic textures and CG elements in the film and visual effects industry;
- In-depth knowledge of Mari and/or Substance Painter as well as Photoshop;
- Experience in creating textures based on footage or artwork references using Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Mari;
- Ability to mix 2.5D projection camera techniques and artworks to perform image corrections;
- Use appropriate methods to meet deadlines and optimize rendering times;
- Ability to follow established techniques and work in a team oriented environment;
- Ability to interpret directives provided by department heads or supervisors;
- Possess a good sense of leadership;
- Know how to manage time and priorities;
- Know how to put together efficient and productive teams;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills;
- Be flexible and well organized;
- Know how to delegate;
- Ability to manage stress in a constantly evolving environment.
- Knowledge of Arnold materials;
- Knowledge of Houdini, Nuke and Maya;
- Knowledge of other VFX production trades is also an asset.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Founded in 1991, Hybride was the first digital visual effects company established in Quebec. For over 30 years, the Hybride team has been reinventing the VFX industry, one project at a time.
Our passion for innovation and our team’s creativity are recognized throughout the industry and remain the cornerstone of our work philosophy. Our team is comprised of over 200 highly qualified creators working in two creative spaces located in Piedmont, in the Laurentians, and in the Mile-End district of Montreal.
Our repertoire holds prestigious titles such as 300, Avatar, Hunger Games and Jurassic World, as well as in the last 6 instalments of the Star Wars franchise and the new Disney+ high-end TV series, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi and Andor.
At Hybride, first and foremost, we are good human beings, who value well-being and solidarity. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.