Lead Level Designer
22 days ago
Red Storm is seeking a talented lead level designer to work on our next AAA game. If you are at the top of your game, have strong experience in level design, and great leadership abilities this is the job for you!
- Lead the level design and contribute content to a talented team creating compelling PVP and PVE focused open world spaces
- Block-out, build, playtest, and tune 3D levels through various phases of development
- Collaborate with the Design team, Artists, and Engineers to refine player experiences and spaces to fulfill the creative vision of the product
- Team with Art Direction and Environment Art team to ensure visually compelling levels using composition skills such as form, shape and color
- Partner with Technical Directors to ensure levels will meet the technical requirements of the game
- Ensure that levels meet design requirements
- Coordinate LD gameplay scripting contributions throughout the world in partnership with other design leads
- Contribute throughout pre-production processes to plan content and ensure the level design team is set up for success
- Prioritize work, communicate progress, and give useful and meaningful feedback to meet deadlines and help the level teams accomplish their goals
- 5+ years professional level design experience with time spent building PVP and PVE levels and open world spaces
- Lead level design credit on at least one shipped title
- Scripting language experience
- Ability to lead other level designers through direct and indirect collaboration
- Strong game design skills: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent multiplayer shooter titles; must be able to describe techniques used to make fun, compelling PVP and PVE levels and systems
- Willing and able to travel outside the US in the future
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.