Lead Level Designer
10 days ago
As a Lead Level Designer based in Frankfurt you will be working closely with the Assistant Content Director and the Art team to build Locations and Sandbox experiences for Star Citizen. You will take part in building everything from small outposts to large sprawling cities across multiple planets, moons, and solar systems. Together with the Artists, you will be at the core of building out our Sandbox experience and bringing the universe to life!
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH59z29Odfo
What does a Lead Level Designer at CIG do?
- Working directly with the Game Directors in guiding the team in crafting unique and engaging locations that populate the extensive Star Citizen universe.
- Become the direct the link between the Design teams and the Environment teams in ensuring the spaces created achieve gameplay excellence while still retaining a believable and visually stunning composition
- Be a hands-on member of the team, helping deliver and implement levels to the highest quality while still having an eye for the bigger picture
- Driving design discussions on the team and fostering a creative and inclusive atmosphere allowing your team members to shine
- Directly address feedback from the Game Directors and senior management in ensuring the highest quality bar is met
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- Mentor members of the team and be a positive influence
What do we expect from our Lead Level Designer?
- Extensive background of professional game production experience including work on at least one large-scale FPS or third-person combat action game as a senior/lead level designer
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create realistic engaging environments
- Strong understanding of visual scripting principals
- Ability to create design proposals for peer reviews
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- Proactive and self-motivated with a good organizational and problem-solving skill
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.