Lead Level Designer
26 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active Lead Level Designer to join our busy Underdog studio and support driving CI Games Studios forward as we experience exponential growth.
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with exceptional attention to detail whilst delivering excellent customer service to those within the studio.
As a Lead Level Designer, you are responsible for realising the design vision through engaging world maps, while maintaining your team’s morale and getting the best out of each Designer. Taking initiative, and maintaining passion for high quality work, is required for this rewarding yet often demanding role.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Develop the Level Design vision together with our Creative Director and Executive Producer, and overseeing the implementation in-game, with the players experience at the centre.
- Developing and overseeing the rules and metrics for gameplay spaces.
- Defining and refining level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow.
- Ensure quality goals are met and are in line with the game vision.
- Managing the design of the levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization.
- Conceptualizing, prototyping, building, scripting and tuning levels according to game vision.
- Maintaining and balancing the readability, difficulty and pacing of levels.
- Working closely with stakeholders to conceive and design environments that are in line with the lore, but innovative and visually impressive too.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our level.
- Establish best practices for the level-design team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- 5+ years’ experience
- Must have shipped a minimum of 2-3 titles (for PC and Consoles) as a Level Designer
- Open or semi open world knowledge
- Experience with visual scripting (Unreal, CryEngine, Other)
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks across various projects and time-zones.
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of proficiency using Outlook/Zoom/Teams
- Methodical approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately at all levels.
- Excellent proficiency in English
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.