Lead Level Designer
5 days ago
WHO YOU ARE
A senior or lead level designer with a passion for the layout, construction, and function of online worlds. You love working closely with other game designers and artists to define the gameplay experience of a game and the role the level and world plays in the wholistic user experience. You find joy in the iteration phase of early prototyping, constantly shifting and testing new ideas to find the fun and create an experience that players will adore for years to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Partner with the game team leads to help craft the world and gameplay experience for a game project. You will start from the earliest phases of defining the core user experience and game loops, the layout of the world, how maps and encounter spaces will be defined in a 3D space. Later partnering with the art team on the production of a vertical slice of a component of the world that showcases most of the core game experience, and then eventually in building out the entire game world based on that vertical slice experience.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience using Unreal
- Have worked as a level designer from the inception of a project through release
- Experience on console or PC games as a senior or lead level designer
- Comfortable with iteration and constant change during early development of a project
- Experience working closely with art leads balancing the roles of level design and world art
- Experience in general content and systems design
- Experience in environment and prop art
- Experience in open world games, preferably on a live game