Lead Level Designer
14 days ago
Job Title:Lead Level Designer
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire spectacular peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on dynamic new projects, then apply today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to encourage, mentor, and lead the level design team towards creating highly tuned player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You will lead your team with mentorship, resources, and career guidance. Our Lead Designers are role-models that not only manage the team through challenge and change, but also build up individuals into highly engaged, efficient, and effective teammates. You must thrive in an ambitious and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible approach is also vital since this position actively partners with internal and external partners. Above all, we are seeking an innovative and dedicated leader to help tell our story.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver world-class player experiences.
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
- Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multimedia tools.
- Work in Radiant to create play-spaces that are engaging and immersive.
- Define team goals, action plans, and schedules for the project.
- Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Lead, task, mentor and conduct one-to-one meetings with other Level Designers.
- Provide your team with guidance, goals, opportunities, and resources.
- Play builds of games in-progress and provide concise and prioritized feedback to both internal teams and external partners.
- Connect with other teams to ensure level requirements and plans are understood.
- Champion standard processes and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game.
- Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback.
- 8+ total years in the games industry working in a level design capacity, with at least 5 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- 5+ years as a Lead Level Designer, with at least 2 shipped titles in a comparable role.
- Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
- Strong understanding of geometry building, flow, and layout.
- Solid understanding of level design with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Hunger for gaming (especially online) with a broad range of game experience.
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Knowledge of the free to play games space.
- Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
- Experience with visual software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications, let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network in the world!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.