Lead Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
14 days ago
As a Lead Level Designer you will plan, detail, and supervise the work of your game design team. You will establish standards for formal design documentation and tools for the project as well as ensure the team’s performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives. You will also actively participate in the creation and development of the game design by supporting the Creative Director.
Your Main Objectives:
- Drives the design team to deliver the expected game features in quality
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team
- Train and counsel junior designers and carry out performance follow ups.
Your Specific Tasks:
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within game design
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Experience supervising a design team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, analytical, with good management and planning skills
- Good understanding of content creation processes
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Solution oriented;
- Dynamic personality;
- Autonomous, able to drive decision.
- VR Experience is a bonus
- Solid knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Good ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Lead Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!