Lead Level Designer, Unannounced Project
5 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Level Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate lead level designer to define and lead the world building for an unannounced project. As lead level designer, you will foster Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a team of designers, engineers, and artists responsible for crafting this unannounced project's world.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As the lead level designer on the team, you will lead a team of level designers to execute on the vision for the project's world. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon the team's collective creativity to finalize a design that meets the game's needs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building immersive, explorable environments for modern AAA titles and leading teams of level designers. By blending your mastery of level design with a critical eye for layout and art, you will rally and align teams around building epic, memorable worlds.
Your portfolio should include visual examples of your favorite game spaces that you have created in your career to date.
Lead Level Designer, Unannounced Project
- Own level design and world building from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating team members to ensure the vision is clearly defined and understood.
- Research, define, pitch, and evangelize level design/project goals and objectives, ensuring the game's creative pillars are captured.
- Partner with engineering to define and create tooling that effectively complements Blizzard's world-class handcrafted level design.
- Build and lead a team of level designers and world artists, recruiting and mentoring extraordinary talent, and fostering a team where you lead responsibly through positive example.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- 8+ years’ experience in the games industry working as level designer, shipping at least two AAA titles.
- Previous experience managing a team of level designers.
- Demonstrated mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- Good spatial and layout design skills.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner.
- Experience using rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- Strong artistic sensibilities for composition, lighting, and detail.
- Passion for making games look and play great.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside feedback.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with AAA Game Engines such as: Source, Unreal, Unity or CryEngine
- Knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance.
- Passion for action games on console or PC.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment.
- Your experience and relationship with Blizzard games.
- What games you are currently playing.
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!