Lead Level Designer [New IP] (491)
10 days ago
As a Lead Level Designer you will lead, mobilise and develop a team of level designers within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the level design of the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive.
What else will your role entail?
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their team’s work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and give feedback on level design content to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's creative direction and deadlines;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Collaborate constructively with other discipline leads and directors as part of an effective, professional network;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations;
- Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate level design intentions and ensure they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product.
What will you bring?
- A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation;
- An aptitude for logical problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities;
- Composure in the face of development cycle challenges;
- An interest in the structure and design of individual missions;
- An awareness of player motivations and psychology;
- Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in game level design and production or equivalent experience;
- Proven years of experience as a senior level designer or Lead Level Designer on at least one AAA title is a big plus;
- Experience supervising a level design team is a significant asset.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.