Lead Level Designer, Diablo IV
12 days ago
Job Title:Lead Level Designer, Diablo IV
The Diablo IV team is seeking a talented and passionate individual to lead our Level Design team. In this role, you will collaborate with the Art, Design, Engineering, and Production disciplines, guide the development of level designers, and lead their efforts to flesh out a highly immersive world. You will participate in the creation of exterior zones, event spaces, PvP arenas, and more. The ideal candidate prioritizes collaboration, has a thorough understanding of world building, and fosters a healthy and positive quality of life for their team.
- Manage, mentor, evaluate, and provide feedback to a team of level designers
- Uphold and grow high quality standards for design, art, and game performance
- Coordinate with other design groups to develop playable spaces for content and activities
- Collaborate with art to align on a strong creative vision while advocating for best gameplay practices
- Partner with the engineering team to help develop new tools and improve existing ones
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity
- Minimum of 5 years' experience performing in a level design role or equivalent
- Experience mentoring and growing designers
- Experience designing for games with isometric cameras
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of level design theories and practices
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Competency in the design and artistic visual execution of outdoor world spaces
- Strong communicator and collaborator
You will need these things to apply
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in the role, and your relationship with the franchise or genre.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.