Lead Level Designer
15 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are seeing a passionate, experienced, team-oriented Lead Level Designer to help us build an outstanding AAA, 3rd Person Action/Adventure game. The ideal candidate is passionate about the craft of level design, you have experience creating memorable spaces that support and improve the core mechanics and creative vision of the game. You have high standards in everything you do and are dedicated to crafting the best experience for the player possible. You put the player first.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team that owns and implements immersive gameplay scenarios that support and improve the core mechanics and creative vision of the game.
- Work in close collaboration with Level Art, Narrative and other teams to build a cohesive user-focused experience.
- Collaborate with Gameplay Designers to define and tweak game mechanics.
- Partner with other development teams to bring designs to life in-game.
- Mentor designers and help them grow in their careers.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of 7 years game development experience and significant contribution to a multiple shipped AAA titles.
- Passion for both open world and linear level design.
- Strong understanding of overall game design, storytelling, game mechanics, level flow, pacing etc.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, design production tools and level editing pipelines.
- Expert sense of aesthetics, design, colors and an eye for composition.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.