Lead Level Design [Star Wars Outlaws] W/M/NB
16 days ago
As a Lead Level Designer at Ubisoft Annecy, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You’ll be challenged with supporting, mentoring, and managing a team of Level Designers; to conceptualize, script, and develop fun levels for our players to solve and accomplish.
As Lead Level Designer, you participate in supporting the game’s vision through the level design. Your responsibility is split between team management and production like following :
- You build and maintain an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, diverse, inclusive and foster the team player culture;
- You empower your team members with clear expectations, you assess the workload vs. production capacity, you set priorities and inspiring objectives for your team members;
- You provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development all year long -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- You enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- You engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- You create a safe work environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- You care about your team and other teams : be exemplary and supportive;
- You communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game
- You are responsible for the work deliveries in accordance with the project's creative direction and deadlines
- You actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets production expectations;
- You oversee the day-to-day work of the Level Design team, review and give feedback on level design content to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game
- You improve game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects and the consistency of all mechanics used to create content
- You participate in the research and the optimization of all content creation tools and workflows
- You handle a good communication with the other teams in the projects
- You will report to the Associate Producer/Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Experience shipping at least one AAA title in a management capacity
- Good social and organisationnal skills
- Ability to review the work done by others and suggest improvements if necessary
- Strong adaptability and ability to master new tools and techniques
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex issues
- Solid knowledge of the game production pipeline
- Good knowledge of scripting and visual scripting
- Knowledge of the limitations of the various engines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (English is the main language of the Level Design team & the whole project)
- Superior motivation to create high quality content
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
If you recognize yourself in the description or if this role inspires you, we would be delighted to consider your application very carefully!
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and more recently Riders Republic!
On top of our AAA production, we are working on innovation with a technological expertise hub around the Snowdrop engine pipeline, and Technology Group in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.