Lead, High Performance Software Engineer
10 days ago
In this position, you will work with Magic Leap’s Computer Vision Software Architecture team developing and optimizing cvengine - the software that drives all perception algorithms on the Magic Leap 2 platform, including head pose, eye tracking, and more. You will help provide the perception algorithm teams new features, improve cvengine test coverage, enhance data collection and visualization tools, and contribute to performance analysis and optimizations.
- Design, implement, document, test, and integrate features for cvengine
- Debug issues across the software stack to understand the root cause. Propose, code test, and integrate fixes for these bugs. If multiple solutions are available, analyze and articulate the trade-offs between the various solutions.
- Analyze and optimize the software stack in a heterogeneous computing environment, utilizing the features unique to the architecture in efficient ways
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation. (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move faster and more confidently
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ (7-10 years)
- Able to work with a remote team, with members in different time zones
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, problem-solving
- Able to produce high quality code consistent with the goals and constraints in an embedded development environment
- Experience with high throughput, low latency or real time systems or simulations
- Multi-process and/or multi-threaded development experience
- Experience with source code practices like git, repo, and code reviews
Preferred / additional skills:
- Willingness to support developers working on top of the team’s APIs
- Interest in build systems, automation, metrics collection and/or data analysis
- Experience with GPU programming platforms like CUDA or high performance architectures like VLIW, SIMD
- Experience analyzing and optimizing large systems against multiple competing performance criteria
- Experience with computer vision, sensors (cameras, time-of-flight), or image processing
- Working knowledge of Python
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
$140,000 — $196,000 USD