Lead Hard Surface Artist
Los Angeles, CA
23 days ago
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Lead Hard Surface Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Modeling, texturing and engine implementation of weapons and equipment for a game developed with the Unreal Engine
- Working with the art team and technical directors to establish best practices for the weapons and equipment game assets
- Coordinating with third party vendors to ensure the hard surface assets they produce are high quality and consistent with the game’s art direction
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing hard surface models
- Solid understanding of authentic weapon function and operation
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Experience leading or mentoring other artists
- Expert-level knowledge of high poly modeling
- Expert-level knowledge of texturing in Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Strong portfolio of realistic and fictional weapon models for games
- AAA game development experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Remote-work Friendly