Lead Handling Designer
15 days ago
We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead
As a Driving Experience Lead Designer, you will work with the Gameplay Design Director, Handling Designers, Physics & gameplay Engineers, the world team, the vehicle art team, and the vehicle audio and VFX teams, the lead driving experience Designer pulls together the players' experience of Heroic Driving in our games. Coordinating alongside a producer, you will guide a structured, iterative design process and you will champion outstanding experiences for a large and varied range of vehicles.
What You'll do
- You will lead a diverse team to collaboratively produce designs for core player experiences that satisfy the product goals and creative vision.
- You will Inspire and align your team around your designs.
- You will work with Production and Project Management partners to direct the development of your features whilst working with the development team to review and guide the implementation of game experiences.
What We're Looking For:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience leading the creative for core game experiences.
- A passion for working collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Experience developing AAA console or PC titles
- A great sense of Game Feel
- Qualification in Physics or Engineering or experience in designing or engineering physical vehicle handling models.
- Enthusiasm for and practical knowledge of vehicles.
- Experience developing open world driving games.
- An overall love of games