Lead Graphics Programmer
14 days ago
At Build A Rocket Boy, we’re looking for a seasoned Lead Graphics Programmer who will oversee state of the art rendering systems in our current and future AAA projects. You will identify required tasks and delegate work to the rest of the team while taking responsibility for progress, quality, and completion. You are a team player, work well with multiple departments in a cross-disciplinary team, and use your experience to mentor and guide other members of the team.
- Build and coach a team of graphics engineers to maintain current and develop new rendering technologies.
- Work closely with other disciplines such as art, tech art, and engine teams to reach the vision of our simulation experiences.
- Research and implement new features to push the capabilities of our graphics engine to its fullest potential.
- Distil high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and being able to delegate to the team effectively.
- Collaborate with technical directors to discuss memory/performance budgets and system limitations.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult problems.
- Mentor members of the team and help them grow as programmers in a collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Graphics Programmer in the game industry.
- 2+ years as a lead or manager of programmers.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and 3D math.
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, GLSL, CG, or similar.
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (DX12, Vulkan, console APIs, etc.).
- Proven experience implementing, debugging, and optimizing graphics systems and shaders.
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts.
- Deep knowledge of modern CPU and GPU architectures.
- Strong mentoring skills and a growth mindset.
- Have delivered a full cycle AAA game as a graphics programmer.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.