This job might no longer be available.
Lead Games Tester
5 months ago
Miniclip is looking for a Lead Games Tester to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position; please apply only if you have the right to work in Portugal.
Miniclip Quality Assurance acts as a quality gauge during development, testing not only the product, but the processes used to create the product. As a Lead Games Tester you will thus be responsible for leading a sub-team of games testers, guaranteeing that both our processes and software products meet the most rigorous quality requirements.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coaching and be the line manager of a group of QA Games testers;
- Be responsible for their development by setting up goals aligned with the team’s goals and company strategic priorities and planning their L&D activities
- Work closely with other Lead Games Testers and the QA Lead to assure that the team keeps developing its technical and personal skills
- Continually work with the mobile product teams to develop test strategies
- Pushing for innovation by applying subject matter expertise to identify, develop and implement techniques to improve product testing and process quality
- Support the development and maintenance of test automation and be a promoter of that
- Push for proper controls to be implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defects do not occur in production again
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Proved experience as a team lead, with very good interpersonal and coaching skills
- Good judgement skills and high level of assertiveness, even on difficult conversations
- Strong technical background in software QA, desirably in similar functions in an agile software QA department
- Experience in mobile testing
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of Quality Assurance processes, standards, methodologies, and tools
- Ability to define testing strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
- Drive to improve quality by continually seeking to innovate and improve QA processes
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter in English.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.