Lead Games Artist (Casual Games)
1 month ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Lead Games Artist you’ll be part of the Casual Games team creating eye-catching art for our mobile games, both leading the team and creating art yourself.
What you will really be doing
- Being responsible for art on multiple casual game projects.
- Leading, mentoring, and developing a small art team; ensuring they deliver a successful project on time
- Working closely with the Art Director to establish visual identity, adding to and maintaining style guides.
- Creating and maintaining workflows and pipelines that help improve efficiency.
- Getting hands on and helping out with content creation, integration and quality control
- Helping carry out key department responsibilities including hiring, training and issue res
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 5 years of experience as an artist in the game industry, with at least one shipped title in the casual mobile game space
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask
- A professional, pro-active & collaborative work attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of Unity (and/or other game engines), pipelines and processes
- High level of proficiency in 2D and 3D.
- The ability to work in a variety of styles and genres
- A portfolio demonstrating the development of brands/IPs for casual mobile games
- A passion for mobile gaming, casual games in particular
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
If you are suitable for this role, please include with your application sketching / drawing examples either within your portfolio or as separate links
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.