Lead Gameplay Programmer [Unannounced Project]
Stockholm Stockholm County se
5 months ago
We are looking for a Lead Programmer to drive the development for an unannounced project. You will be responsible for the architecture as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. We work in cross-functional teams so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Strike a balance between coding, supporting team members, and management tasks
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems
- Estimate time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Perform design- and code-reviews with team members
- Ensure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture and have what it takes to lead a team of passionate professionals. Finding good channels for communication is easy for you as you constantly survey and adapt to the team’s needs. You have previous experience from the games industry and grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them. You enjoy playing games as well as making them and you stay up-to-date with industry trends and technical solutions while always pushing for quality.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry
- Several years’ experience as a senior software developer in the video games industry
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low level optimizations
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Good understanding of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Previous lead programmer / technical director experience
- Knowledge of various software development processes and methodologies
We offer you an environment where you will be working on world leading products together with other passionate professionals, from both within and outside of the industry. Our ambition is to achieve highest possible quality with a focus on strong work processes; whether it is in art, programming or design. If this sound like the next step in your career, be sure to send us your CV today!
Ubisoft Stockholm, led by industry veteran Patrick Bach, is the newest video game development studio in the Ubisoft family. The studio will focus on the development of AAA games for some of Ubisoft’s biggest franchises, including the recently announced Avatar game.
We value diversity at Ubisoft Stockholm and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.