Lead Game Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
13 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our dynamic team at Respawn Entertainment. Reporting to a Technical director, you will play a pivotal role in developing and enhancing game software and mechanisms to support our innovative gaming experiences.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of game software using cutting-edge technology.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems.
- Implement innovative game features and systems that are both robust and scalable.
- Identify and resolve software defects and glitches to ensure optimal game performance.
- Mentor junior engineers and assist in their technical growth.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal tools and processes related to game development.
- Conduct regular code reviews to maintain high-quality code.
- Continuously stay updated with the latest gaming technologies and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of professional software development experience with 5+ years of experience in game development with a portfolio showcasing previously shipped games.
- Experience as a Technical Lead
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages.
- Expertise in at least one area of game development, aka gameplay, game engine, rendering, tools, online services, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for games and a deep understanding of what makes a game fun and engaging.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $178,100 - $271,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $166,700 - $271,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $201,800 - $271,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $166,700 - $227,900 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $166,700 - $258,200 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $134,250 - $220,050 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.