Lead Game Producer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
10 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Lead Game Producer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
The World of Warcraft Development team is seeking a seasoned Lead Game Producer to oversee Design Production. In this role, you will be responsible for a team of producers that work on various initiatives and features across the World of Warcraft team. You will be responsible for guiding your team of producers to success by helping to outline best practices, championing process improvements, and following established production methodologies. You will need to work with a diverse team of stakeholders from a variety of levels in order to communicate risks, work through roadblocks, and create complex schedules and roadmaps.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you bring to the table:
- Supervise production for a multidisciplinary team in order to drive delivery of a significant pipeline or product for World of Warcraft.
- Partner with Directors and other Leads on the team to establish and align goals across the organization.
- Translate goals into high level project roadmaps, working schedules, and clear milestones that can be used to reflect progress back to the team.
- Facilitate communication, organization, risk management, and accountability across all major areas impacting your pipeline or product.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to ensure consistent and repeatable attainment of our goals.
- Develop staffing plans and coordinate resourcing activities for your area of the game.
- Help to define and improve our game development standard processes and production methodologies.
- Manage a team of producers and provide mentorship, individual career planning, and long-term talent development.
- Participate in production leadership planning with Production Directors.
- Promote diversity goals and foster a culture of inclusion on our team.
- 8+ years of experience in game production, including experience on a large AAA game.
- 5+ years of experience in a team leadership or people management role.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to identify, mentor, and grow talent with an emphasis on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Ability to build, track, and maintain complex schedules.
- Experience with Jira project management tools.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and a tendency to treat other people with respect and empathy.
- Experience working in a co-development and/or outsourcing environment.
- Experience working on an MMO, free-to-play, or other live service game.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.