Lead Game Engineer - The Cycle
8 days ago
Lead Game Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a talented Lead Game Engineer with a passion for making some of the best games ever in our offices located in Berlin, Germany.
In this role, you will be working with significant ownership and responsibility for building, leading and mentoring a talented team of game engineers to produce high-quality game features for our flagship title ‘The Cycle’.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Building the best game engineering team possible for The Cycle.
- Functions as the game engineering discipline lead, responsible for managing the game engineer’s culture, processes and quality standards towards the different teams, disciplines and stakeholders.
- Works directly with the technical director to improve the overall technical department to be one of the best ones ever.
- Leads by example in how to execute the game engineering discipline. This is done by working in an interdisciplinary feature team on implementations that make our game awesome with a senior-level degree of quality.
- 5+ of programming experience in game development with at least one title shipped game title.
- Past experience in guiding and mentoring engineers and taking part in the hiring process.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with utilization of solid software engineering practices.
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working on live operation games
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 development
- Experience with Playfab
- Experience with multiplayer development
- Experience with console development
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!