Lead Game Developer
24 days ago
We are a new, dynamic games company focused on publishing, developing & investing in high quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world.
We have offices in Saudi Arabia, Spain, Finland and China.
Our seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading some of the most highly successful game franchises ever released including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more. And we are backed by the resources of one of the largest, most successful and prestigious corporations in the Middle East (Ajlan & Bros Holding).
We are looking for talented individuals who share the same drive and vision
to build our new Studio in Barcelona!
As a Lead Game Developer you will:
- Be a key part of a small development game team in charge of creating amazing new games for millions of players
- Be involved in all the areas of game development including Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence, User Interface, SDK implementation, etc.
- Write and maintain high quality code, in line with the current focus of your team (validating an idea quickly or creating a solid architecture)
- Support & contribute new ideas to game design by collaborating with games team members to bring games to life.
- Exhibit an instinct for what level of engineering is needed working efficiently at any level. Sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea, other times a critical system needs detailed planning and consultation.
- Provide engineering support for game live operations once a game is live
To be successful in the role you will need:
- At least +5 years experience in games production as Senior/Lead Developer, having worked at least on 2 Free to Play titles
- A passion for games and a huge ambition to creating unique, amazing and massively successful mobile games
- A high level of emotional intelligence, interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Autonomy, strong drive to get things done, and self-organization skills
- Ability to adapt your working style depending on the current stage of the production (rapid paced prototyping vs polished and structured live ops)
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative data and reasoning
- Strong experience in C# and Unity, and using C++, preferably on mobile (iOS /Android)
- A deep understanding of all the different areas of game development (gameplay, game systems, data structures, tools)
- Great criteria for game feel and UX is a strong plus
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English
- Private medical health insurance for you and your family
- Central office location
- Free gym access
- Regular team-building activities: lots of team fun including company offsite in our headquarter in Riyadh, KSA
- Career growth opportunities: you will grow as we grow!
- Fun and supportive working environment
At Sandsoft, we do things differently.
We Value Independence. We create the best possible, small teams we call ‘Tribes’ and give them the freedom and independence to work together in pursuit of creating the highest quality games with high reliability and competition at the heart of the experience. Each Tribe has the freedom to pursue this goal as they see fit. It’s up to them to decide what is best for Sandsoft and for our players.
We Defer to Trust. We trust each other, even when we disagree. In this environment, you will work with your colleagues who will trust you to do what makes sense and give you the autonomy to do what is right for Sandsoft as only our game teams can make the decision to launch or shut down their project.
Everyone is a Game Maker. Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. We encourage our people to use their talents where they have the most impact. We ask and give feedback proactively to inform our decisions. So while you are a master of your own discipline, you are also a key stakeholder and your role and voice is critical when it comes to concepting and designing Games.
We Live Our Company Values. We pride ourselves in hiring growth-minded people who show a motivated, collaborative, and entrepreneurial attitude, and who embrace our Core Values as the right way to develop something great together.
Sandsoft core values are:
Boldness 👩🚀 + Togetherness 🏼🏾 + Growth 🚀
To know more about Sansoft, visit our website or Linkedin profile.
If you feel like you would like to be part of this journey, we encourage you to apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.