Lead Game Designer for Fortnite Creative and UEFN
19 days ago
GeoTech is looking for a Lead Game Designer for Fortnite Creative and UEFN
GeoTech was founded in 2018. Currently, our team consists of over 40 professionals spanning 20 countries around the globe.
We specialize in the Media and Entertainment sector, having successfully completed more than 20 projects that are now utilized by renowned M&E companies such as Disney, Warner Bros, Universal Studios, Epic Games, and more.
In the last four years, we've worked hand in hand with Epic Games, aiding in the creation of an array of tools and pipelines. This collaboration includes significant input into various segments of the Unreal Engine core, as well as contributions to the Virtual Production and Broadcasting sectors.
Our internal structure consists of three main teams: Unreal Engine Core Engineering, Art Department, and Game Studio. We are on the lookout for talented individuals to join and expand our Game Studio.
GeoTech core values
- Our employees are our top priority
- Work from anywhere; we’ve got your back
- Passion-driven projects: we select work that aligns with our interests and enthusiasm
- Everyone is a leader here. Every voice counts, and every idea has potential
What we do
We develop game IPs using the Unreal Engine for Fortnite while also collaborating with Epic Games and other renowned brands.
What you'll do
As the Lead Game Designer, your role involves innovating new game mechanics and giving life to fresh Unreal Engine concepts that includes the Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN). Furthermore, refining existing mechanics is part of the job. We aim to discover and introduce groundbreaking mechanics and game concepts that could potentially skyrocket in popularity within Fortnite in the forthcoming years. This mission is where your expertise becomes paramount. A significant part of your role will involve closely working with our Engineering and Art Departments, reporting directly to the Studio Head.
In this role, you will:
- Shape new gaming experiences using the Unreal Editor for Fortnite
- Assess existing game mechanics in Fortnite and its Custom Islands, brainstorming unique and promising game mechanics
- Pitch game designs to both the Studio Head and stakeholder team
- Keep abreast of the latest trends within the Fortnite gaming ecosystem
- Collaborate seamlessly with the Engineering, Art, and Marketing teams
- Maintain a strong emphasis on game mechanics, putting the player experience at the forefront
- Handle level design for Unreal Engine developed content, including tasks like grayboxing and implementation
- Continuously monitor and analyze player feedback to discern areas for enhancement, subsequently making the requisite adjustments to game design and mechanics
What we're looking for:
- A minimum 5 years of experience in video game design roles
- Professional experience with contemporary game engines like Unity, Unreal Engine, and Godot
- Strong knowledge of Game Testing, grey-boxing, and other iterative game development approaches
- A strong portfolio of game development examples that include at least two shipped titles, preferably within the casual gaming genre
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in teams, preferably having experience working with a team of five or more members
- Acquaintance with a fast-paced game creation environment where ideas are frequently iterated upon
- An up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure games stay relevant in the dynamic Fortnite Creative space. The ability to provide industry training and introduce novel tools to fellow team members is a plus
- Familiarity with game modes on platforms like Fortnite Creative, Roblox, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, or similar
- A Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or a related field, or comparable experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python, and Versa
- Experience with UE Blueprints and Materials
- Experience in either a remote or hybrid working setup, coordinating with colleagues spread across various time zones
- Remote work (we hire worldwide) , complemented by company-sponsored travel opportunities within the USA and Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Communication primarily through platforms like Discord and Slack, with flexible team meeting arrangements
- Paid vacation and medical insurance after successful trial period pass (3 months)
If you possess a portfolio, reel, or website that you'd like us to review, kindly include it as a hyperlink in your resume or attach it directly to your application. The position offers the flexibility to work remotely from any location, or in our hybrid workspaces located in either Los Angeles or Amsterdam.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.