Lead Game Designer [collab w/ Massive Studio]
12 days ago
Your life at Ubi
As a Lead Game Designer at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, developed on our latest technology, the Snowdrop engine, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmo studio.
You will plan, detail, and supervise the work of game designers. You will also actively participate in the shaping and development of the game together with the directors and break down the high-level intentions into game design elements.
Your role will be split into four main pillars:
- Quality owner on Game Design
Your main mission:
- Responsible for the performance management of his/her team members: support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation;
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment).
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team;
- Allocate duties and follow the evolution of the team’s progress on game design deliverables.
Game Design Quality:
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment;
- Provides clear and structured project documents;
- Ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, gaming modes, behavior specifications, etc.).
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts;
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations;
- Drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with other game designers and programmers.
The professional value you bring:
- Previous experience as a lead game designer – at least 2 AAA shipped titles as Lead GD.
The personal value you bring:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to manage a team and plan in a highly active environment;
- Highly adaptable;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Autonomous, problem solver.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry.From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.