Lead Game Designer
12 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
The Lead Game Designer will take charge of core loop designs, features, and economy tuning for blockchain-enabled play & earn games. This role will be actively working with cross-functional team leads, including Producers, Product Managers, Engineers, etc.
The candidate must have experience leading a design team, have experience with data-informed design, provide high-quality design documents, and have a deep understanding of game design theory and free-to-play game strategies. The candidate will lead the Game Design team, driving all feature design and game content to align with the overall product vision. The candidate will need to communicate with studio leadership regularly and have strong communication skills for presenting key feature proposals. They are responsible for the fidelity of features from concept to live ops. In addition, the candidate must understand live data, prioritize feedback from multiple sources and incorporate this into revised game content and features
- Own major aspects of feature design in both a development and live operations capacity
- Model and balance complex systems like crafting, economic sinks & sources, character progression, and other interdependencies.
- Use your monetization knowledge to create features and content that maintain and improve core KPIs.
- Produce and update product requirement documents/specs that contain details into key functionality and behavioral outcomes, serving as a source of truth for the product
- Implement prototypes, work within the engine to accomplish the design spec, and understand the technical implications of the design
- Contribute to the production roadmap with meaningful features, ideas, and improvements
- 4-6 years experience in a game design role with expertise in mid-core genres or similar.
- 2+ years as a lead-level designer.
- Skills will include, but are not limited to:
- Deep understanding of free-to-play monetization mechanics, including game balancing and virtual economy management
- Demonstrated proficiency with systems design, game tuning, economy design, user experience design, and design documentation
- Direct experience working on a top 100 grossing game (mobile or other platforms)
- Experience working within engines, such as Unity and/or Unreal
- Ability to communicate your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.