Lead Game Designer
13 days ago
Madbox is a mobile gaming company, creating and publishing its own games worldwide. Since 2018 Madbox has gathered more than 300 million players, still growing. We are looking for top talents with mad skills, a mad passion and a mad ambition to join us.
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile gaming company with a very unique way of developing games. Everything has been made for teams to take as much ownership as possible, unleash their creativity, bring performance, and have as much fun as possible.
In July 2022, we launched our Pocket Champs game worldwide which quickly became one of the top-grossing games in its category.
We are now entering a new era where we aim at becoming the next Gaming Hit Factory.
Today, we’ve around 80 talents in France and Spain united around four core values:
- Explore together
- Learn fast
- Be thoughtfully candid
- Share (Y)our Journey
To support our growth, we’re now looking for a Lead Game Designer to shape and maintain the vision of our latest hit Pocket Champs !!
What will you do ?
- Driving the vision and handling our Pocket Champs game with the Game Director and the whole team
- Managing the design team
- At Madbox, we believe that small high performance teams can do giant games, and that every team member can have a huge impact. As the Lead Game Designer you will be in charge of coming up with innovative game ideas, visions and mechanics.
- Your role will be to apply your market knowledge to design any game as well with the best fit to its target audience, and to design complex yet "easy-to-understand" systems.
- You will analyze the games' performance and players' behaviors to improve KPIs and achieve extraordinary results
- You will also be an evangelist for great in-game UX, ensuring perfect experience for the players in every part of the game
- You will also stay aware of the most recent market trends and propose innovative concepts for the upcoming games.
Madbox skills required
- At least 5 years of designing free to play games
- Experience with mobile gaming and/or casual gaming
- Basic knowledge of Unity, as you will have to work directly with the engine hand in hand with the development team
- Excellent communication skills as you'll be required to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Great eye for art and UX design are a big plus
What we offer
- A competitive compensation, a transparent grid shared for each Madboxer to allow frequent evolutions
- Team profit sharing as it will always be a collective success, we share what we create all together
- Private medical cover, because your health should always come first
- Lunch coupons - joining Madbox means joining a group of foodies
- Regular team events where you will discover where the "mad" of Madbox comes from !
- Remote policy : 3 days at the office, 2 days at home (every week you can choose the day you want to work remotely)
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile game company based in Paris and Barcelona, creating and publishing its own games. The story of Madbox started when two video game studios fell in love with each other during the summer 2018.
A few months after the beginning of this promance , Madbox first in-house titles hit the top charts of the App Store and Google Play Store worldwide, ranking in #1 positions in more than 100 countries. Since then, Madbox has gathered more than 300 million players, still growing fast. To fuel this creative and operations growth, Madbox develops cutting-edge automation systems internally to shorten production times and drive accurately its performance at large scale.
Madbox will collect your personal data for the purposes of managing our recruitment related activities. That is why, Madbox may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to recruiting & people teams in Paris & Barcelona. By applying, you expressly give your consent.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.