Lead Game Designer
2 months ago
In this role, you will work directly with our project leadership, artists, designers, developers, and others on the strategy of six of our games in the Live Ops stage. You should know how to make a free-to-play game and how to plan for successful Live Ops.
You should be adept at developing game design features, bringing extensive knowledge of game data, operational solutions, community sentiment, ongoing issues, and digital business to the table.
- Lead the design team efforts in creating game systems to enhance player experiences and drive product KPIs;
- Manage and coach the team for their professional development. Establish the goals of the Design Team;
- Elaborate planning of Design tasks with the Producer;
- Create new game design features and enhancements to existing concepts to drive user acquisition, retention, and monetization;
- Establish and maintain a game’s core vision;
- Follow-up on the Game features' implementation to make sure they meet the established quality requirements;
- Work with data analysts to ensure the systems are meeting KPI goals;
- Establish and adopt efficient calendar strategies;
- Build and manage the structure and strategy of the Live Ops gameplay events as well as the offers that populate the calendar;
- Partner with a team of content designers (game and level designers) to ensure high-quality content in line with the game and Ludia’s vision;
- Oversee production of prototypes to mitigate risks for new features;
- Present new game concepts, designs, and stories to executive leadership and stakeholders;
- Constantly review and understand market trends and competitor product approaches;
- Document ideas, concepts, and technical designs in useful, accessible formats.
What we're looking for:
- Serious passion for games—you are a gamer, and have been for years.
- 2+ years of experience as Senior or Lead and 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Shipped and/or worked on the Live Ops teams of at least 1 Free-to-Play game.
- Social, online and/or mobile game design experience.
- Thorough understanding of games' commercial appeal, including outside your personal gamer demographic.
- A strong interest and understanding of storytelling in mobile games.
- A proven understanding of how to use Live Ops systems to drive revenue KPIs.
- Demonstrated success at communicating your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds.
- Great listening and mentoring skills.
- Ability to make quick and analytical decisions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if you are:
- Bilingual in English/French
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Work from home or flexible
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, Lovelink, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as"Canada’s best game maker"by Apple, and"Best Place to Work 2018"by gamesindustry.biz !
Leading the Game Design team of one of current or upcoming project, is to be part of a team who works every day to set new ideas and push the boundaries of creativity, while making sure that the games are fun!