Lead Game Designer
11 days agoIO Interactive is embarking on a new journey - into the world of emergent multi-player on a unique unannounced project that we believe will shape the future for years to come of both our studio and the relationships we’ve built with our players.
When it comes to designing this new console project, we are seeking a lead game designer who is passionate and experienced with multiplayer gameplay, and able to focus on hands-on implementation.
With a strong studio culture dedicated to high quality of life, supported by transparent communication and supportive engagement with our team members, we are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players. Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmo, and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, and a high commitment and respect for the individual.
Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of our success as a studio. Built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development, our game development engine was designed from the ground up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking, and debugging. We have achieved this through a highly-optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor, and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Lead a team of designers to realize the vision of the game and gameplay directors.
- Establish standards and bring new knowledge to the studio within 3Cs implementation (camera, controls, character) and combat.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to implement multiplayer game systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Manage and mentor a team of game designers.
- Serve as conduit between game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are always clear.
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation, and high-level direction.
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements.
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations.
- Accomplished game designer with extensive experience and at least one published AAA title in lead capacity, preeferably for a AAA multiplayer title.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experiences.
- You have thorough experience with 3Cs (character, camera, controls) and combat from your previous work on AAA titles.
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers, experienced in giving and receiving direction.
- Able to develop plans and give clear direction to both internal and external team members.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints.
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
We would love it if you had
Who we are
- Hands on experience implementing different kinds of combat systems and player cameras.
- Relevant design education.
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube).
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration. We support full relocation and VISA support, for you and your family.
We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions regarding this role please reach out to Kaspera@ioi.dk