This job might no longer be available.
Lead Game Designer
Paris Île-de-France fr
5 months ago
Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks: devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As Game Lab's Lead Game Designer, you will train the game designers on the Paris teams for all of their tasks, whether they're related to publishing or production. You will also work broadly with Gameloft's executive management and with the production studios around the world, handling oversight of the editorial line and suggesting improvements to the creative processes.
Your mission: Supervising the game designers on Paris R&D projects, help improve the creative processes in the Game Lab and throughout the company.
About you: You have a passion for mobile and are unrivalled in your knowledge of our industry's game-design trends. You know about our past and have great ideas about our future. You have relevant experience managing teams and overseeing publishing. You've mastered the major principles underpinning game design theory, and also have extensive knowledge of the production process of a mobile game. You enjoy theory as much as practice, and are a driving force behind suggestions regarding both sides. You like training teams of game designers and improving their skills. If all this describes you, you're the perfect fit for the Game Lab!
- The main task of Game Lab's Lead Game Designer is to train the creative teams in Paris, which are made up of both technical and publishing game designers. The Lead Game Designer will generally be responsible for the quality of Game Lab's output in terms of game design: concept work, prototypes, and finalised games.
- Game Lab's Lead Game Designer will work closely with the VP Creation and Gameloft Paris's Creation Manager, to ensure a high level of innovation in the Game Lab projects.
- As an HQ manager, the Lead Game Designer will play an active role in the dissemination of design knowledge throughout Gameloft and will ensure that information provided to the production teams is relevant.
- In addition to documentation, the Lead Game Designer will be a driving force behind suggestions regarding improvement of the suitability and efficiency of the Game Lab creation processes, from brainstorming to live operations.
- At least 5 years of experience in the mobile video-game industry. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice.
- Various projects released on the App Store or Google Play, including varied game genres. You have something to offer with regard to a wide variety of projects.
- You have several titles under your belt where you served in a Lead Designer position (or higher). You know how to motivate and lead a creative team.
- You have true mastery of tools for production (particularly Excel) and prototyping (mainly Unity). You know how to handle things yourself.
- You have an understanding and mastery of brainstorming-related creation processes. You know how to inspire creativity among the production teams.
- You're fluent in English and are able to clearly express your ideas or support complex arguments in that language.
Work at Gameloft?
- The opportunity to join a dynamic new team. The chance to be there from the beginning of the journey !
- Lots of varied tasks in a lively setting: You'll never get bored at Game Lab !
- Other benefits at Gameloft: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage, daily breakfast !
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Gare Saint-Lazare and the Palais Garnier.
- Permanent contract, full-time position.
- We are offering relocation support
Leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.