Lead Game Designer
3 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC . The Lead Designer partners with key stakeholders to lead the project's game design to inspire great cohesive experiences for our players. Equally importantly, the Lead Designer cultivates and grows an exceptional design team. You will report to our Design Director and will play an instrumental role in the following:
Mako is the EA Mobile studio responsible for the development and live operations of NBA & NFL on Mobile. The Mako team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by millions of gamers around the world. With teams located around the world, Mako is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
- Partner with the Design Director, Game Director, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals
- Lead other designers to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- You will inspire and motivate the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
- Collaborating closely with all disciplines – engineering, art, QA, etc. – to implement features, systems, and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution create the best possible game
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Champion design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive partners.
- Work on the future direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
- Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes, and role model a commitment to learning.
- Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can thrive.
- 5 + years experience on mobile games or games as a live service.
- 1+ years of experience managing small to medium-sized teams of designers
- You thrive in mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- You are self-motivated, proactive, and able to oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- You are open to ideas, criticism and engaging in healthy design discussion
- You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
- You can work closely with a large team through all phases of development.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of NBA and/or NFL sports
- Deep familiarity with BCG, RPG, and sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms.