Lead Game Designer
14 days ago
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer II to help design and implement new content and game features. This is a mid-level role for a Game Designer with 5-6 + years of experience looking for a role where they can develop their mobile game design skills and mentor junior designers in the team. The ideal candidate will have proven substantial experience designing and balancing compelling content on live mobile games!
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owners
- Create innovative and engaging content and features
- Maintain accurate documentation of design solutions
- Work with development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
- Tune content at appropriate levels for all our players
- Balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetization
- Remain current on industry design trends
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in mobile game design
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience iterating on live features based on player feedback and telemetry data
What's in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we're doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there's that. There's also:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we'll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!