Lead Game Designer - Rainbow Six Siege
18 days ago
As Lead Game Designer at Ubisoft Barcelona, your team will be working together with the team at Montreal to keep developing new features for Rainbow Six Siege. Currently, Barcelona is responsible of three cells: Balancing, Playlist and Onboarding, and as a Lead Designer you will manage a team of experienced game and UX designers.
You will work directly and report to Barcelona cell producers and Montreal directors, while collaborating with the other project cells leads and producers.
What you´ll do
- Management and support of your team members: performance reviews, career development, trainings, etc.
- Create a work environment where designers can propose and create.
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment).
- Along with producers, assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the design work, and set priorities.
- Assign tasks and follow the evolution of the team’s progress on deliverables.
- Based on analytics and community feedback, understand project needs and ensure that proposed and developed features add value and/or solve current issues.
- Provide clear high-level intentions to your team.
- Sometimes you may need to participate of prototypes creation and development at any level, from layout to game implementation, along with needed profiles for the feature (GPP/s, UI programmers, animators, VFX, etc.)
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and game direction.
- Be part of presentations and syncs of Barcelona cells.
- Assist to project directors, leads and/or management syncs to be up to date on the overall project and spot dependencies.
- Follow up features and give clear feedback.
- Participate on external communication (videos, events).
What you´ll bring
- Online competitive games knowledge, FPS and MOBA appreciated, Rainbow Six Siege will be valued.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to manage a team and plan in a highly active environment.
- Highly adaptable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work within local and abroad teams (co-dev).
- Ability to question, adapt and understand ongoing project nuances, legacies and needs.
- Autonomous, problem solver.
- English proficiency.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perk
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)
Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla”, etc.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.