Lead Game Designer (Mobile)
29 days ago
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
The Design Faction
Design at Bethesda is all about working together to put players first, with everyone as interconnected as our game systems. As a lead designer, you focus daily on maintaining the flow of information to and from the design team and all other departments, as well as ensuring high quality work from designers. You’ll work with designers, producers, and all other departments to make sure each game’s vision is realized to its fullest potential.
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Lead Game Designer, you will…
- Guide the overall direction of the mobile game with producers and other stakeholders
- Communicate the game designs to Senior Leadership and lead the integration of their feedback into the game
- Work with designers to help maximize player engagement, retention, and monetization
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary strike teams focused on specific features
- Playtest the latest build on the game’s target platform and provide feedback on the player’s experience
- Focus on making sure all players are rewarded fairly for their time in the game
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You engage daily with free-to-play games on mobile platforms.
- You enjoy leading a team dedicated to innovation within the mobile space
- You have 5+ years of design leadership experience, and 5+ years of free-to-play design experience
- You possess strong critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- You have experience in one or more one design specialties, including free-to-play economy, systems, narrative, etc.
- You have experience communicating to coworkers at all levels of hierarchy and tailoring your message to your audience.
Lead Game Designer (Mobile) - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 - $200,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.