This job might no longer be available.
Lead Game Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz RP de
5 months ago
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Lead Game Designer (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany. In this role you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a talented and highly motivated team of game designers and support them in the creation of workflows, techniques and AAA game systems. The Lead Game Designer will enforce the notion that comprehensible, consistent and elegant systems should form the foundation of how a game works and enable his team to create the best possible experience for our players.
- Inspire, mentor and challenge your team in order to develop both their creative and technical skillset
- Plan, prioritize and set ambitious but realistic goals and proper workflows for your team
- Work closely with the game director, production and other leads in order to push project quality and ensure that all game design is in line with the project’s creative vision, technical guidelines and standards
- Maintain effective communication within the team to ensure everyone’s alignment and full engagement with the project’s objectives
- Provide regular reviews and meaningful feedback on performance and development to team members in a clear and constructive manner
- Create an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas, participation and effective collaboration of all team members
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Help recruit new team members and plan the team’s strategic growth and development
- Minimum 5 years of experience within game design; including shipping at least one AAA title
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Strong game design skills and thorough understanding of overall game design processes
- Solid knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to think strategically
- Strong verbal and written English skills; German skills are a plus
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Team player with a positive attitude and a superior motivation to create high quality content
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.