Lead Game Artist
20 days ago
We are a new, dynamic games company focused on publishing, developing & investing in high quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world.
We have offices in Saudi Arabia, Spain, Finland and China.
Our seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading some of the most highly successful game franchises ever released including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more. And we are backed by the resources of one of the largest, most successful and prestigious corporations in the Middle East (Ajlan & Bros Holding).
We are looking for talented individuals who share the same drive and vision
to build our new Studio in Barcelona!
About the role:
As a Lead Artist in our New Games team, you will be a generalist who can and is willing to work on all the different areas of game creation, from 2D concepts, in-game ready 3D assets, UI, VFX or Animation and more. We’re not looking for any kind of artists but Game Artists who love, live and breathe games & creating amazing new experiences for the player. It’s a great opportunity to explore and push yourself as you’ll be surrounded by other developers who also love games and together, you’ll work to build worlds, characters and games to be loved and enjoyed by millions of players for years to come.
As a Lead Artist you will be:
- Responsible for setting the art direction for the games you work on with your games team. Developing the visual style, design and overall look of the game creating beautiful, engaging game characters, assets and environments.
- Developing visual concepts & ideas, as well as just generally creating 3D, 2D, VFX and/or UI art for Mobile games.
- Working as a hands-on artist, helping shape our prototypes. Defining, implementing, and maintaining our content creation pipeline, ensuring efficient asset integration in Unity and optimal game performance.
- Providing best practices across Art and Development teams to create the most innovative mobile games
- Assisting potential outsourcers with (Assets, VFX, Animations) by providing feedback and direction.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- At least +5 years experience in games production as Senior/Lead artist, having worked at least on 2 Free to Play titles
- A passion for games and a huge ambition to create unique, amazing and massively successful mobile games
- A high level of emotional intelligence, interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Autonomy, strong drive to get things done, and self-organization skills
- Ability to adapt your working style depending on the current stage of the production (rapid paced prototyping vs polished and structured live ops)
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative data and reasoning
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English
- T-Shaped skill set and ability to take on most of the tasks of new games’ creation, from the art direction (sketching, concept) to the production and implementation of the in-game assets.
- Experience creating UI and animations is a plus
- Excellent Character and Environment design skills.
- Proficiency with the main 3d/2d softwares
Please include a portfolio/work samples as part of your application that exhibit why you would be good for this role.
Why should you join us?
- Private medical health insurance for you and your family
- Central office location
- Free gym access
- Regular team-building activities: lots of team fun including company offsite in our headquarter in Riyadh, KSA
- Career growth opportunities: you will grow as we grow!
- Fun and supportive working environment
At Sandsoft, we do things differently.
We Value Independence. We create the best possible, small teams we call ‘Tribes’ and give them the freedom and independence to work together in pursuit of creating the highest quality games with high reliability and competition at the heart of the experience. Each Tribe has the freedom to pursue this goal as they see fit. It’s up to them to decide what is best for Sandsoft and for our players.
We Defer to Trust. We trust each other, even when we disagree. In this environment, you will work with your colleagues who will trust you to do what makes sense and give you the autonomy to do what is right for Sandsoft as only our game teams can make the decision to launch or shut down their project.
Everyone is a Game Maker. Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. We encourage our people to use their talents where they have the most impact. We ask and give feedback proactively to inform our decisions. So while you are a master of your own discipline, you are also a key stakeholder and your role and voice is critical when it comes to concepting and designing Games.
We Live Our Company Values. We pride ourselves in hiring growth-minded people who show a motivated, collaborative, and entrepreneurial attitude, and who embrace our Core Values as the right way to develop something great together.
Sandsoft core values are:
Boldness 👩🚀 + Togetherness 🏼🏾 + Growth 🚀
To know more about Sansoft, visit our website or Linkedin profile.
If you feel like you would like to be part of this journey, we encourage you to apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.