Lead Full Stack Engineer
7 days ago
Big Run Studios is creating new and addicting mobile games focusing on traditionally underserved audiences. We want to spread fun games to everyone! Established in 2019 and headquartered in Oakland, CA, we are a group of game industry veterans who are passionate about delivering high quality casual competitive games that entertain players across all mobile platforms. We’re proud to work on the latest cutting edge technologies across all stages of development. We believe that success is built on three core values - Strong Player Communities, Experiences that Amaze, and making Games as a Lifestyle.
As a Lead Full Stack Engineer, you will work directly with stakeholders as the team lead and technical owner to drive user-facing features to completion. You will collaborate with designers, artists, engineers, and product teams to ensure each feature leads us to an extraordinary product. The team will rely on you to define, estimate, document and bring new features across the finish line. To make that happen, you will be empowered to research, innovate, and invent as needed to accomplish your goals.
- Design and implement systems, end-to-end features, and user interfaces with Unity, native technologies, and server APIs.
- Iterate collaboratively with artists, designers, and engineers.
- Patiently learn other perspectives and share your own, building team consensus.
- Identify and resolve gameplay issues.
- Stay educated: study the future of technology and shape our direction.
- Coach, rally, and mentor to improve the quality and velocity of the team.
- 10+ years of development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Unity and C#.
- Fluency in Go or other statically typed server language.
- Experience developing secure, end to end client/server features.
- Strong REST API design experience.
- Understanding of application design patterns, memory models, and networking.
- Strong UI/UX sensibilities and a passion for great user experiences.
- Commitment to quality.
- Independently motivated and able to function effectively given little direction.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly through writing.
- Inspirational to others: share your great ideas with us.
- Previously shipped Unity games or portfolio of games/work.
Nice to Have
- React and Redux experience.
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure.
- gRPC expertise is a plus.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
Big Run provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.