This job might no longer be available.
Lead Experience Designer - Game Creation
Redwood City, CA
3 months ago
Lead Experience Designer
Electronic Arts (EA) is seeking an impact-driven Lead Experience Designer to join EA IT’s design organization. This role will partner closely with the product managers and developers to help shape the strategy and build successful products that will cater to players, artists, developers, and general employees in a rapidly growing company.
You will be responsible for leading the design strategy and execution for products in the Game Creation product portfolio, which means that you will be driving design initiatives that will improve workflows for all of EA’s game development teams through launching well-designed tools and platforms that they use to create games.
As a design expert, you will work with engineering and product to rapidly iterate and deliver impactful solutions. As a lead, you will influence product vision and strategy by facilitating design-thinking workshops with cross-functional teams, spearhead the creation of design deliverables and assets, and socialize the amazing work of the team both internally and externally across EA.
** Application submissions without a design portfolio will NOT be considered **
** Please note that this is NOT a game design role **
About the team
We're a small, but mighty design team and the things that you will work on will make an impact on the future of game creation at EA. You'll be able to stretch yourself and learn and lean on others as you hone your craft.
- Lead the strategy and execution of design for EA’s game creation products
- Lead the experience assessment and incremental improvements as needed for existing products
- Be an evangelist for best practices across different platforms and design areas (research, UX/UI, etc.), ensuring a high bar for quality and consistency
- Be an advocate for best-in-class, but still be pragmatic as needed based on priorities and timeline
- Partner closely with stakeholders and product managers to shape product roadmaps and requirements
- Champion the user experience for a variety of products - from custom development to customizing third party solutions - through understanding trade-offs as needed based on technical or operational limitations and timelines
- Partner with the design director to ensure that engagements are properly staffed and mitigate potential risks in a timely and proactive manner
- Create high quality, well thought design deliverables - from workflows to UI deliverables
- Provide mentorship and design guidance to junior design team members as needed
- Significant hands-on experience designing and shipping products
- Experience in a design lead role
- System thinker with deep expertise in software development and ability to communicate effectively with engineers as this role requires heavy collaboration with technical stakeholders
- Self-starter, experienced with navigating through and creating structure in ambiguity
- Expertise designing complex UX workflows / interactions
- Significant hands-on experience with UX/UI design, qualitative research, and stakeholder management
- Expertise in the design thinking methodologies, well versed in rapid prototyping and iterative processes
- Expertise leading and/or influencing product strategy and user experience vision
- Expertise in the general facilitation and planning of design thinking or ideation workshops
- Fast mover, pragmatic, decisive, and deliverer of world-class user experience
- Previous experience working in a SaaS company is a plus