Lead Environment Artist
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios is currently searching for a talented Lead Environment Artist to help visualize the future of immersive gaming.
A good communicator and supervisor, this person Is a contributing member of the team, leads by example and inspires teams to create AAA content. To succeed, you must be able to lead creative teams and have excellent technical art chops. Our Senior artists lead by example and strive to set the highest quality bar possible.
- Manage and mentor the art team, with an eye towards balancing the quality and performance of the game’s environments.
- Generate art assets that establish a high-quality bar for the environment art team both visual and technical, as well as establish environment art layouts, set dressing and visual storytelling techniques that define a cohesive and consistent look.
- Work and communicate with the other Discipline Leads (e.g. Engineering, Design, Narrative, etc ) on a constant basis to ensure the art team stays in sync with them.
- Running daily stand-ups with the art team.
- Attending and contributing at daily Leads stand-ups.
- Create and manage art documentation.
- Support and advise the Creative Director and Art Director to ensure their vision makes it into the game.
- Accomplished visual artist with 5+ years in the video game industry, with credits on multiple titles using high quality 3D content with highly detailed environments.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience with the production of optimized, game-ready 3D models using Maya, 3DSMax, or equivalent.
- Experience and skills in sculpting using ZBrush, Mudbox, or other sculpting software.
- Proficient in complex 3D modeling, UV editing, and texture creation.
- Strong understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material and shader system.
- Strong artistic sense of scene composition, as well as shape, proportion and color.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 level creation tools including BSP, level streaming and lighting.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable to new tools, environments, and unexpected challenges.
- Formal Art Education.
- Drawing/Painting ability.
- Previous work in VR and/or a passion for VR.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/reel (or link to a portfolio/reel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.