Lead Environment Artist
7 days ago
Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented Lead Environment Artist to help guide and build new content for Neverwinter our highly successful Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG! You are driven to inspire, mentor, and lead a team of high-caliber artists in crafting unforgettable environments that will be enjoyed by millions of Neverwinter fans across the globe.
We have adopted a flexible work policy that allows options for onsite work in our Los Gatos, CA studio or fully remotely from anywhere throughout the US. Come and join us!
**What you’ll be doing:**
* Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging and visually stunning gameplay environments for the fantasy world of Neverwinter
* Using 3D Studio Max or Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop and our proprietary tools to create high quality assets, engaging layouts and stunning lighting
* Creating models and assembling scenes for a wide variety of interiors, exteriors, and architecture
* Iterating on game assets and environments with fellow artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
**What we'd like to see:**
* 5+ years console or PC game development experience, with one or more shipped titles as Lead Environment Artist
* Ability to build and manage teams, assess performance, provide leadership and creatively solve problems
* Strong ability to visualize gameplay levels with minimal concept art and direction
* Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams to envision, plan, schedule, execute and optimize environments that support and enhance gameplay
* Ability to successfully articulate and provide timely, actionable visual feedback to a team
* Solid understanding of fundamental visual design principles including color, composition, form, shape, structure, silhouette, scale, surface properties and lighting
* Positive and professional attitude while working with others under multiple deadlines
* Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
* Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows
* Basic proficiency creating environmental VFX and/or environmental animations
* Passion for the Dungeons & Dragons franchise preferred
**Required Application Materials:**
* Resume and cover letter
* Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant environment art experience
**What Cryptic Offers**
* Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
* A smart, fun, and tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.