Lead Environment Artist, Unannounced Project
5 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Environment Artist, Unannounced Project
Who’s up for an adventure?
Our small yet ambitious team is looking for a Lead 3D Environment Artist to join our crew. Do you like exploring new ideas? Leveling up your skills? Being a great teammate? Then read on!
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! We are looking for a talented and experienced environment artist to help lead the charge on a brand-new project. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
The primary workload will involve developing a vision for our various environments, guiding internal and outsource artists in creating beautiful 3D environment art as well as doing layouts for maps and asset creation. This includes a broad range of environments that include trees, architecture, foliage, props and highly creative unique points of interest needed to define the visual direction of the. Mentoring other artists, giving 1 on 1 reviews and feedback, and helping them level up is also a large aspect. Lastly, a collaborative mindset with great communication skills are qualities we look for in a teammate who can help create a united vision for a project that can capture the fun and immersive standard that we hope to achieve with every Blizzard experience!
This role can potentially be either on location or remote.
If you have the drive and talent to rock this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update : We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in professional game development as a 3D artist.
- Prior Lead experience on a shipping PC or Mobile title.
- Experience working with outsourcing studios or artists.
- High proficiency level with Maya (preferred), 3DS Max, ZBrush/Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop.
- Ability to model and texture highly creative environment art, including natural and exotic environments and hard surface architecture, that push the possibilities of what an “epic entertainment experience” can be for a new Blizzard game.
- Experience with level/map layouts
- Strong collaborative skills with multiple groups in game development (design, engineering, production, QA).
- A passionate, positive, and problem-solving mindset for game development.
- Experience working with the Unity game engine.
- Experience with mobile game development.
- 2D concepting skills.
- Houdini experience.
- Experience creating exotic environments.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Blizzard’s art styles.
- A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Online portfolio of professional 3D work (personal work is also a plus)
- Must be willing to take an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.