Lead Environment Artist [Splinter Cell VR] (377)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
12 days ago
The Lead Environment Artist will lead an art team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partner;
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
- Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the project;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the project;
- Good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
- Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.