Lead Environment Artist (M/NB/W) – Beyond Good and Evil 2
12 days ago
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Create environments that respect the artistic vision, meet the needs of the game, meet the technical requirements, achieve the required quality through modern pipelines (procedural, photogrammetry, etc.);
- Leading and delivering exceptional environmental storyboarding by integrating and building 3D environments in an in-house game engine and determining lighting intentions to define and set a polished scene;
- Study, review, validate and supervise the work of the level/environment art teams to ensure that the environment created respect the artistic vision, meet the needs of the game, meet the technical requirements, achieve the required quality and are fully debugged;
- Prioritise and manage the team's daily tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to specification, through meetings and synchronisations to communicate the vision and requirements with other art teams and stakeholders;
- Manage and provide feedback to external artists through design documents (example of production assets, engine procedures and requirements, etc.);
- Define development opportunities for team members and coach them to achieve these goals.
With proven experience in the Environment Artist role, ideally on major/AAA titles, you are looking to bring your talent to one of Ubisoft's most anticipated titles:
- You are a true artist and are familiar with the " Next Gen " approach to environment creation;
- You have an appetite for visual storytelling, with an excellent sense of detail. You are familiar with space opera and hardcore SF concepts;
- You are able to help your team plan and develop their skills with constructive feedback.
- Your compositional skills and understanding of the fundamentals of art (lighting, composition, colour theory, etc) are of an advanced level;
- Preferably you are familiar with current DCC, such as 3DS Max, and procedural tools (Substance Designer, ...);
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
/!\ A portfolio, website or other document showing your work is mandatory, or your application will not be properly assessed.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is a sci-fi action-adventure RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft's first release. Join our team at Ubisoft Paris to help us shape this amazing project!
As a Lead Environment Artist in our team, you will mentor, manage and support a team of dedicated Environment Artists. Working directly with our Associate Art Director and Expert Technical Director Art, you will provide feedback to your team with the goal of creating play areas that are both functional in design, rich in narrative, and of exceptional visual quality.
Within the framework of our game and its world, you can push the boundaries of creativity - and have the artistic ability to do so. Your skills in creating natural elements, composition and spatial design allow you to create striking environments
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.