This job might no longer be available.
Lead Engineer - Digital Publishing
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
6 months ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
WotC is looking for a hardworking and passionate Lead Engineer to join our Digital Publishing team and help build an organization which will publish multiple games to be released on PC, consoles, and mobile. This position will work directly with multiple external development teams, the executive team, and production on planning, architecture, management, and implementation of diverse game titles.
What You'll Do
With a technical background and proven game development experience, the Lead Engineer is uniquely qualified to understand the big picture of game development. This position requires expert knowledge of the entire game development pipeline and will provide technical insight and guidance from the concepting phase of projects through release. The TL will work with development teams as an independent auditor, consultant, and engineering resource.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of leadership experience in the games industry; preferably 2+ years in a similar role.
- Familiar with multiple 3D engines (Unity3D, Unreal 4, proprietary), programming languages (C#, C++), and strength in at least one discipline (rendering, systems, gameplay, networking, UI, etc.).
- Coordinate technical knowledge and the exchange of resources across WotC and external developers including first party manufacturers.
- Lead all aspects of project dependencies, risks, and critical paths; ensure contingency plans are in place; recommend solutions and approve plan & timelines; understand overall impact on all partners.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate complex technical concepts to business leaders.
- Expert knowledge of interactive software processes, timelines, tools and methodologies.
- Comfortable managing through influence and indirect authority.
- Good understanding of PC, console, and mobile gaming industry, development, platforms, and ecosystems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships.
- Multiple games shipped in a Lead Engineer role.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.