This job might no longer be available.
Lead Engineer - NBA Clash
4 days ago
Do you have what it takes to help lead NBA Clash towards it’s worldwide launch and beyond? Nifty Games is hiring a Lead Engineer to oversee the engineering team, culture, and workflow for NBA Clash, leveraging a combination of in-house, contractor, and external engineering resources. Be a champion in maintaining a team-first, iterative culture and bring your best-in-class insights to delivering a fun, performant, and scalable mobile-first NBA experience like no other!
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience launching mobile games, and running a large-scale live service
- Deep knowledge in one of the following languages: C# (preferred), C or C++
- Extensive experience developing and supporting iOS and Android titles built in Unity
- Perforce expertise to oversee and contribute to version management for internal and external releases
- Be an integral part of the NBA Clash Leadership Team, focused on overseeing a team that brings a successful NBA Clash title to market and executes on long-term live operations
- Accountable for the NBA Clash codebase, infrastructure, tools, and documentation that drive the project
- Mentor and grow existing engineering talent, prioritizing a collaborative and iterative culture through regular syncs and code reviews
- Manage build delivery strategy to ensure internal development teams and live operations are functioning as efficiently as possible.
- Own the version and branching strategy for the NBA Clash codebase and use of various internal and external backend environments
- Collaborate with NBA Clash Production and Product teams in roadmap planning, feature scoping, prioritization, risk assessment, and verification of deliverables
- Define, enforce, and optimize technical KPIs for the client (crash rate, framerate, memory usage, load times, low-end device support, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to take functionality and tools from the game team and abstract them back into the Nifty Platform for use in future titles
- Experience in F2P mobile game development, preferably having shipped multiple titles to a global audience
- Ability to jump into the trenches to contribute to the codebase and toolset to help realize your vision
- Experience working on titles with large brand partners and licensed content
- Passion for mobile gaming and professional sports (NBA obviously a plus)
- College degree or similar is preferred
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in any location. Nifty Games is a venture-funded games developer & publisher focused on quick session, head-to-head sports games for mobile devices. Nifty Games is a proud partner of the NFL, NFLPA, NBA & NBPA. Learn more at www.niftygamesinc.com. Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will be exercising caution with all employees, and are not requiring employees to work on-site at this time. This role will likely be starting in a "work from home" capacity until conditions allow for a safe return to the office.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.