Lead Engineer, Developer Experience
Plantation, FL, United States
25 days ago
Magic Leap seeks a candidate who has strong skills and experience in leading the engineering efforts for the Developer Experience team. As a Lead Engineer, you will work closely with our Learning Resources, Developer Support, Developer Relations, SDK/Software and Product teams.
This is a hands-on coding lead role where you will continue to use your development skills while you help drive recommendations to improve Magic Leap’s developer experience and provide technical mentorship to other engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with external partners and internal content and UX teams to provide best practices and help gather feedback to drive technical recommendations for our SDK, Hardware & Software teams. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. This position is open to applicants in San Francisco CA, Sunnyvale CA or Plantation FL.
- Champion developer needs with our internal product and engineering teams by driving recommendations for improvements to our SDK, tools and platform to ensure we provide a best-in-class Developer Experience
- Build Mixed Reality samples and toolkits, to provide developers with tools to create mixed reality experiences
- Provide mentoring to more junior engineers and designers
- Establish and direct engineering best practices for samples, tutorials and toolkits that will be built and shared to our developer community
- Act as a mentor and technical subject matter expert within the company and developer community
- 10+ years of proficient experience working on software products
- 3-5 years in a technical lead or technical director role
- Extensive experience with game engines and 3D technology (Unity, Unreal, other)
- Expert level C++ in a production environment
- Experience with API design and architecture
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development
- Strong creative and UX elements reflected in approach and prototypes
- Experience with mobile software development
- Hands on experience with AR platforms (ARKit, ARCore, HoloLens, etc)
- Experience working with Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies
- Experience in developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.