This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager, Data Platform
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 months ago
Data on a massive scale is at the “heart” of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to critique and improve their games. It is data that allows our developers to monetize all their hard work and create amazing games.
Our Data Platform Team empowers internal and external customers through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team aims to provide a cutting edge, highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption models tailored to customer use cases.
We work closely with machine learning experts, product managers, data engineers, data scientists and analysts to extract as much value as possible from our data. You will be working on some of the most challenging, complex, and bold problems with a world-class team that is dedicated to providing our customers with the data and analytical solutions they need to succeed.
As the Engineer Manager Data Platform, you will function as both a people manager and technical-thought captain to guide the building of tools and a framework for data processing and data production.
- Lead the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of Unity’s Data Platform and associated services that are capable of handling real-time and batch processing for petabytes of data over events on the order of billions daily
- Collaborate and work closely with our internal and external stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery while maintaining top-notch operations within stringent SLAs
- Manage and be the technical leader of the team that drives and owns quality services and creates and manages tools that have a global impact with high level of data integrity
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with experience leading a technical team
- Proven “hands-on” software engineering experience in Java, Scala, or similar languages with an emphasis on data structures, data pipelines, and high-performance
- Technical expert with open source data technologies such as Spark, Beam, Kafka, Druid, Kubernetes and, Kubeflow
- Expertise with at least one or more multiple public cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Leadership, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of advanced data reporting and/or machine learning data modeling and algorithms
- Deep, multi-faceted understanding of how complex stream processing systems are designed and operated
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.